Quick “Here’s How” to help any Digital Archive user, and more technical “Archivist Notes” for History Trust members.
- Here’s How to Change the View in Digital Archive
- Here’s How to Find Items About Places in Digital Archive
Digital Archivist Notes
- Scanning Tips: Plustek OpticBook - A workshop video with tips for using the Plustek OpticBook A300 Plus on loan to History Trust members from the Maine State Library (July 2021).
- Logging In to Digital Archive - This PDF document explains the login process for History Trust digital archivists.
- Creating an Item in Digital Archive - This PDF document gives you a quick look at a typical input form for creating a record (“Item”) in the History Trust Digital Archive.
- Step-by-Step: Creating and Editing a Digital Archive Item - Using two videos, Willie Granston shares his step-by-step method of entering and editing an item in Digital Archive.
- Getting Started With Digital Archive During A Pandemic - Stuck at home? There's lots you can do now! Watch how Willie and I entered 500 Great Harbor Maritime Museum objects from home. Start with . . . what you care about!
- Cataloging and Entering Bulk Items in Digital Archive - A member asks. Other members respond. "I’d like to catalog only those items of historical interest to the general public. Is that a huge mistake?"
NOTE: Learning resources are currently being developed.
- Digital Archive documentation ⇗ offers help for users, archivists, administrators, and developers; created by George Soules of AvantLogic (digitalarchive.us).