How to share historical resources with students, family historians, academic researchers, and the community.
Sharing History Tips
“Sharing History Tips” are learning resources developed especially for History Trust members.
- A History Trust Online Exhibit: Getting Started - Julia and Willie share thoughts about selecting items for an online exhibit in an 18-minute video.
NOTE: Learning resources are currently being developed.
A major initiative of The History Trust is sharing members’ historical collections through an online application called Digital Archive. Skills and knowledge to effectively use the virtual archive are needed to foster deeper understanding and appreciation of our shared history, a major goal of The History Trust.
- Learn Digital Archive – Quick “How To” help for any Digital Archive user, and more technical “Archivist Notes” for History Trust members.
From the National Archives of the US and UK
- Docs Teach ⇗ – Creating your own interactive learning activities for teaching with documents (https://www.docsteach.org/).
- Educator Resources ⇗ for Virtual and At-Home Learning (https://www.archives.gov/education).
- Outreach ⇗ – Examples of projects to make collections relevant and accessible to wider groups of people (https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/education/outreach/).